Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stuff From My Collection: Part 1

In almost 40 years of being a Geek I've managed to acquire a few things that might be considered cool/rare/valuable/interesting, so I decided: what fun is having these treasures if no one else can see them?  So what that I am kicking off the first installment of "Stuff From My Collection".

This installment covers the card art for an Iron Man Power Blast foil chase card, from the 1994 Marvel Universe Trading Card Set.  This set was produced by Fleer, and the Power Blast set featured art by Marvel artist Tom Morgan.

 
The Iron Man Power Blast Foil Card


I got the original art for this card directly from Tom Morgan, who I came across in Artists' Alley at the 1995 Wizard World Convention in Chicago.  He had several pieces of original art from the MU set, and since the art for my favorite Marvel character, Cyclops, was gone, I settled on the Iron Man card.  Tony Stark's armored alter ego was going for $35, a steal compared to the $60 the Carnage card was going for (Especially nowadays).  After I paid Mr. Morgan for the art, he personalized  the border the art was mounted on.  Looking back, I am so glad I chose 'ol Shellhead.

 The Original Card Art

Original art is something I really enjoy collecting, especially offbeat things like this, I just wish I had more time/money to get more things like this!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment