Monday, February 18, 2013

Six Weeks Til Joecon

As of right now we are six weeks and change from the 2013 G.I. Joe Collectors Convention (Joecon) in Indianapolis.  This year's convention will be held April 4-7 at the JW Marriot Indianapolis, and should be a great time for everyone attending.


This will be my 7th convention, with my first one being the Norfolk Convention in 2002.  I have seen a lot of change in those 11 years, the main one being the rise of the 3 3/4" Real American Hero figures as the dominant force int he hobby.  I am a collector of both, and it has given me a great opportunity to meet collectors for all over the world and to make quite a few lasting friendships.

This year I have decided to immerse myself fully into the convention experience.  Not that I haven't do a lot in the previous 6 conventions, but this year I really wanted to go all out.  Not only am I attemtping to enter all contests, including the film festival, I am also going to dip my toe in the cosplay pool, yikes!  Plus, I will once again be hanging out at the Joecustoms.com table, talking figure customizing and other inportant stuff, come on by and say "Howdy".

I will also be blogging and tweeting  at the convention, with a 12" slant on things.  For 3 3/4" coverage, you can't beat the excellent reports from Generalsjoes.com, THE 3 3/4" news site.

If you can't already tell, I am getting fired up for the convention, and even if you aren't a fan, stay tuned, it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment