Monday, February 11, 2013

Good and Evel Knievel

Here's a picture of me as a young lad on Christmas Morning, 1974.  I had just unwrapped and unboxed an Evel Knievel Stunt Stadium and was busy at work trying to figure out how to assemble it.  Once it was assemble it was another struggle to make Evel do the stunts that looked so easy to do on the box.



In addition to the Stunt Stadium I also received the Derry Daring Stunt Cycle that year (You can see the box right by my head).  An attempt by Ideal to bring girls into the Evel Knievel craze, Derry had a much shorter shelf life then Evel.  At this point, I didn't care if it was aimed at girls, I just wanted some variety with my stunt cycles.  Sadly, the Stunt Stadium is long gone, as are the shag carpet and orange mushroon footstool, but I still have the Derry Daring figure, she is currently residing in my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment