Saturday, February 16, 2013

Killin Time on a Saturday

We had fairly decent weather today, so I took advantage of it by busting out something I have been planning for a while.  For the 2009 GI Joe Convention in Kansas City I made a remote control Cobra vehicle that I dubbed the Cobra SCAR.  It was an old Cobra Bat APC mounted on a Hot Wheels RC car I got cheap at Wal-Mart, and I have to say the whole thing went together nicely, meaning it actually rolled around like it was supposed to.  I entered it in the Wheels for Joe competition, and out of the four entries I finished, well, 4th.  But I was still proud of it and couldn't wait for the next time I could take it out for a spin....

...which was three years later.  I found a sport video camera on clearance for $15, and with a little imagination and electrical tape, I managed to mount it to the SCAR, and here is the result:


Not bad for just messing around, and if you liked that, wait til you see what I have planned for Joecon in Indianapolis!


No comments:

Post a Comment