Thursday, July 25, 2013

GI Joe Photography n Stuff

So the whole waiting for hasbrotoyshop.com to put the SDCC exclusive GI Joe/Transformers set out turned out to be a total bust yesterday, which means I had to turn to the Joes I already have for my source of amusement.  Which is fine with me because I have a lot of GI Joe figures, in all sizes.  The 12" Joes are a favorite of mine, and one of the things I like to do with them is take action photos of them and enter them in the photography contest at the annual GI Joe Collectors' Convention.  Here are a few of my photos, enjoy!


This one was from the 2007 Convention in Atlanta, which to this day is my favorite one.  So many great experiences with that convention, not to mention meeting my favorite wrestler of all-time, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and winning the photography contest with the picture above.  


This is my favorite of all of the GI Joe pictures I have taken.  It was a perfect combination of pose, angle, light, and framing, something that made it stand out from all of the other shots I took that day,  The figure was a kitbashed Captain America from the Hydra base raid in Captain America: The First Avenger using parts from about four different 12" figure makers.  


This one didn't come out exactly the way I had hoped, but the general idea comes through, plus I'll take any excuse to use the Eagle Eye Action Man figure, he's always good for conveying surprise!

 I'll put more up later, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment