Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So My Wife is Finally Reading the Walking Dead....

I have been reading the Walking Dead since 2006.  I wish I could say I've been on board since the beginning and have all of the issues back to number one, 'cause that would mean I have several thousand dollars worth of Zombie comics, but I don't.  What I do have are all of the hardcover editions collecting a years worth of TWD comics.  Book 9 comes out in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to jump back into the Zombie Apocalypse with Rick Grimes and his crew of survivors.

On the opposite side of the zombie fence is my wife.  She's been aware of the Walking Dead for a while now, but has preferred to read up on sparkly vampires and the like.  But as those series are (thankfully) at an end, she has been looking for something else to dive into, so last Sunday I mentioned giving the Walking Dead a try.

C'mon, what woman wouldn't find this cover appealing?


So, not really having any other options readily at hand, she gave in and started reading Book One.  I could tell she was hooked after about 20 minutes, when she asked if I had all the rest of the books. Happily I went and got her Books Two and Three, and she proceeded to tear through them in no time at all, quite a feat when you consider they are around 300 pages each.  She's currently on Book Four, which is the most emotionally devastating part of the entire series.  Really, it's a tough read and I'm already anticipating having a few discussions with her about it.

A side benefit to her reading the books is she can now join me in noting all of the differences between the books and the TV show.  It's just no fun bitching about why certain characters are still alive in the book and not on the show, and vice versa all by yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment